As alumni of the University of Montana, we always look forward to Homecoming. This year is no different. We hope to welcome a good many alumni at our Missoula Bed and Breakfast.
Festivities start Sunday, September 25 and culminate with the football game on Saturday, October 1. Throughout the week there are reunions, luncheons, award ceremonies, and traditional events such as the Hello Walk, the Homecoming Parade, and the Homecoming Hustle, a 5K race for the strong of heart.
The theme for UMT Homecoming 2011 is “We Are Family”. It celebrates the university community, which is comprised of faculty, staff, and students from all over the country and world. The fact that we’re all different is one of our greatest strengths.
Homecoming 2011 Highlights:
- Hello Walk: Grab a paint brush and leave a colorful greeting for all to see. This isn’t graffiti – it’s friendly art. September 30.
- Pep Rally: Show your school spirit. September 30.
- Homecoming Hustle: Run if you still can. October 1.
- Homecoming Parade: Is there as much school spirit today as when you attended UMT? Oct. 1.
- Football: Montana Grizzlies vs University of Northern Colorado Bears. Oct. 1.
Of course, the best part of Homecoming is reconnecting with old friends. When not on campus, relax with other alumni at our Missoula Bed and Breakfast. Remember the good old days, and be thankful we don’t have to relive them.
Additional information may be found at UMT Homecoming.
To reserve a room at the inn, please see Missoula Bed and Breakfast reservations.
Photo by montanaalumni.