In the coming weeks and months, some outstanding performances will take the stage at the University of Montana. Consider coming to town for an evening of music and dinner in one of Missoula’s outstanding restaurants. Stay in our Missoula Bed and Breakfast while you’re here.
The Faculty and Guest Artist Series is showcasing many excellent performers this spring at the UM Music Recital Hall. All performances take place at 7:30 p.m.
- Margery McDuffie Whatley plays piano tomorrow night, Tuesday, March 13.
- Steven Hesla and Friends work some magic on the piano, Tuesday, March 20.
- Wesley Ferreira will wow the audience with his clarinet, Wednesday, March 21.
- Soprano Anne Basinski and Tenor David Cody perform Thursday, April 12.
- A Faculty Chamber Orchestra will take the stage Thursday, April 26.
- Steven Hesla on piano, Margaret Nichols Baldridge on violin, and Fern Glass Boyd on cello will perform Sunday, May 6.
The UM Student Ensemble Series showcases outstanding student musicians throughout the spring. All performances start at 7:30 p.m.
- Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Friday, March 16 at the University Theatre.
- UM Symphony Orchestra, Tuesday, March 27 at the University Theatre.
- Spring Percussion Ensemble and Islanders Steel Band Concert, Saturday, April 14 at the University Theatre.
- Chamber Chorale Concert, Monday, April 16 at the UM Recital Hall.
- University Choir, Wednesday, April 18 at the University Theatre.
- UM Concert Band, Tuesday, April 24, at the University Theatre.
- Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Tuesday, May 1, at the University Theatre.
These concerts are a wonderful opportunity to support the University of Montana School of Music and see fresh, young talent. Come listen if you know someone performing, and come listen if you don’t. Either way, it’s wonderful music.
To learn more about upcoming performances, please see the School of Music website.
To make a reservation at our Missoula Bed and Breakfast, please visit our reservation page.