The list of most romantic things to do in Missoula is as varied and dynamic as the city itself. So whatever defines your perfect couple’s getaway can be found in lively Missoula. The energetic downtown offers great restaurants, entertainment, and museums. The city is also surrounded by the amazing Montana landscape that visitors enjoy during any season. When looking for the most relaxing, romantic escape, a secluded bed and breakfast creates the perfect lovers’ retreat. Plan your ideal getaway and explore all the wonderful things to do in Missoula: Continue reading
The list of reasons to visit Missoula covers so many interests and activities. Are you here for the great restaurants, nightlife and culture in downtown Missoula? Whereas others come for the stunning mountains, forests and rivers. Perhaps it’s the perfect balance of city and outdoor activities that’s one of the best reasons to visit Missoula. In Dina Mishev’s Washington Post article, she highlights all the reasons to visit Missoula. Such as the historic downtown and beautiful college campus that offer a vibrant city experience without the suffocating crowds. Montana’s second largest city packs a lot of things to do in its smaller size. The article also mentions all the awesome outdoor opportunities, from hiking to skiing and fishing to white water rafting.
We couldn’t agree more with this love letter to Missoula and all the reasons to visit Missoula. The Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast location is just a short drive to downtown Missoula, yet close to all the outdoor adventures. Our guests enjoy sweeping views of the river valley and outstanding hospitality. Reserve your private suite at the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast for an unforgettable Missoula getaway.
5 Best Reasons to Visit Missoula
A Missoula vacation includes everything found in a great city, in addition to exciting outdoor activities. This lively city has wonderful restaurants, arts, culture and nightlife. While visitors can also play all day in the surrounding mountains, rivers and forests. Find your best reason to visit Missoula:
- Missoula Arts, Culture and Shopping – Art lovers have a choice of two excellent museums in Missoula. The Missoula Art Museum features a contemporary art collection featuring a large selection of Contemporary American Indian Art. While visitors will find a range of art styles, from Rembrandt to Warhol, at the Montana Museum of Art & Culture. The eclectic downtown galleries open their doors on Missoula First Friday Nights. For a night of live theater, check out the talented performers at the Missoula Community Theater and at Hamilton’s Players, Inc.. Great music venues like the Wilma Theatre, the KettleHouse Amphitheater and Big Sky Brewing host concerts throughout the year. Movie fans can catch the latest independent or foreign film at the Roxy Theater. Don’t leave without an authentic Montana souvenir from Rockin Rudy’s. The 15,000-square-foot store carries hundreds of Montana-made products and the state’s largest selection of records and CD’s.
- Amazing Missoula Restaurants and Cafes – For a special evening out with great food and elegant cocktails make a reservation at Plonk, James Bar, or The Keep Restaurant. If your catching a show at the Wilma Theatre find great dining at Scotty’s Table in the lower level. They specialize in fresh local ingredients with a delicious seasonal menu. For the very best in fine-dining with an emphasis on simplicity visit the Pearl Cafe, a Missoula classic.
- Fantastic Missoula Nightlife – After dinner or a show keep the evening going at a local brewery, cocktail lounge or club. The city is overflowing with great craft breweries that also host fun events as well as serving amazing beer. Some favorite places are Dram Shop, Draught Works Brewery, Imagine Nation Brewing, KettleHouse Brewing Co., Bayern Brewery and Big Sky Brewery Brewing Co. While wine lovers can stop by Ten Spoon Vineyard & Winery for a flight of wonderful vino at a picturesque location. The Montana Distillery, located in the historic district, has been around since Prohibition and serves original cocktails created with their own vodka, gin, and whiskey. Then check out a talented band or DJ at The Top Hat, Wilma Theater or Monk’s.
- Hit the Trails – Right in downtown Missoula visitors can find challenging hiking on the University of Montana campus. For great views of the city hike the “M” trail or the even higher Mount Sentinel peak. Just outside of the city are miles and miles of stunning trails to explore. The Lolo National Forest has over 700 miles of trails that travel through dense forests, by mountain streams and along tranquil lakes. Mountain Biking the trails at top speed is also a popular way to enjoy the outdoors around Missoula. When the snow arrives cross-country skiers take over the scenic paths.
- Beautiful Lakes and Rivers – Montana Rivers are famous for their beauty and exceptional fly fishing. A river even runs through the center of Missoula. The Clark Fork River winds it way through the downtown with trails and walking paths along its banks. There’s a reason the famous novel and movie, “A River Runs Through It”, are set and filmed in Montana. The Missoula area, with its wealth of pristine lakes and rivers, is a prime destination for fishing. Sections of the Clark Fork River and Blackfoot River also offer heart-pounding whitewater rafting opportunities for thrill seekers.
Come out to Montana and find your own personal reasons to visit Missoula. Any season is the perfect time for a Missoula vacation. Book your escape today to a great city with the best access to outdoor adventures.
Valentine’s Day should be celebrated all month and not just one day. In other words, treat your loved one to romantic getaway anytime this February. In fact, just a few minutes drive from downtown Missoula find your perfect, private retreat. Nestle in a mountainside, the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast has sweeping views of the Bitterroot River and valley below. Spend you days skiing, or snowshoeing in the magnificent mountains and forests or exploring the arts and culture in Missoula. After a romantic dinner at one of the many elegant local restaurants, return to your inviting, comfortable guest suites. Now is the time to book your lover’s escape and warm up the last chilly days of winter. Continue reading
Think Missoula when planning your 2019 vacations. Missoula has a stunning, diverse landscape that includes every outdoor adventure imaginable. In addition to exploring the mountains, rivers and forests, this university town also offers great entertainment, dining and nightlife choices. When planning your vacation include a combination of the amazing outdoor and city activities for an unforgettable trip. The Blue Mountain B&B also has the best of both worlds. The tranquil location with great mountain and valley views is also a short drive to all the fun. Book your Missoula getaway at our idyllic inn today.
A romantic escape is what every couple really wants for the holidays. During this hectic time of year, it can be very hard to find time for just the two of you. The answer is to plan a romantic vacation. The Blue Mountain Lodge has everything needed for a private retreat. Nestled in a mountainside, all of our guest suites have beautiful views that include pine forests, the Bitterroot River, the valley below or our tranquil gardens. Relax in the comfort and luxury of our generous rooms, many with jetted tubs and private decks. Then wake up to an elegant breakfast that will have you ready for another day exploring Missoula. When you want to venture out, all of Missoula’s dining, culture and nightlife are just a short drive away. Book a romantic vacation for two at the Blue Mountain Lodge today.
The fine art in Missoula reflects the natural beauty of the surrounding region. And now is the time to plan a getaway to Missoula to admire the landscape. Catch the end of the magical, snowy season or the beginning of our beautiful, brilliant Spring. After a day of skiing, snowshoeing or hiking, explore Missoula’s charming downtown. Spend an afternoon strolling through the Missoula Art Museum and the many fine art galleries. Then top off the perfect evening at an excellent restaurant.
The Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast is nestled in the mountains, with amazing views of the Bitterroot River. However our lovely secluded retreat is only a short drive to lively Missoula. Reserve your relaxing escape with us and enjoy the stunning outdoors, in addition to our inspiring arts community.
Do you find yourself dreaming of a relaxing and romantic getaway, to help pass the time during these cold winter months? Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, so we can think of no better time to plan some time away, just the two of you. We have the perfect place in mind for you, too. Our Bed and Breakfast, located just outside of downtown Missoula, is the top choice for romantic lodging. Let us do all the work for you, so you can spend your time relaxing and focusing on each other. Romance is our business, and no one does it better. Book a romantic getaway with us this winter, and enjoy a luxurious stay at Missoula’s top Bed and Breakfast. Continue reading
There’s no doubt that many people come and stay at our romantic mountainside retreat in Missoula for a little romantic one-on-one time. Guests come for time away from the stress of everyday life, and for time to relax and reconnect with each other. In Montana, there’s one romantic getaway destination that outshines the rest, and that is the beautiful town of Missoula. Missoula, often known for its rugged outdoorsy vibe, is also an incredible place for a shared adventure and a little romance. It’s easy to create the perfect date night (or day) in Missoula. Go adventuring in the great outdoors, browse the boutique shops in downtown Missoula, enjoy a glass of Missoula’s finest craft beer, or simply relax and take in the area’s magnificent beauty. No matter how you choose to spend your time, theres no better place to reconnect than our Missoula Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today. Continue reading
Valentines Day is just around the corner, and love is in the air. It’s time to let your inner romantic shine! Whether you love the opportunity to be at your most romantic, or dread having to make plans year after year, how about going beyond the traditional chocolate and flowers this year? Instead, make your Valentines Day a meaningful one, and carve out some intimate time for just the two of you. Make your Valentines day memorable with a romantic getaway to one of Montana’s best Bed and Breakfasts. Book your room at the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast today! Continue reading
These crisp, fall months practically beg us to curl up in front of a warm fire, safely protected from the harsh elements outside. What’s better than curling up someone special and focusing on romance? In Montana, there’s one romantic getaway destination that outshines the rest. The charming town of Missoula, Montana, imbues a sense of adventure and romance around every street corner and in every restaurant and shop. Spend your days browsing the boutique shops in downtown Missoula, enjoying a glass of Missoula’s finest craft beer, or enjoying an adventure whilst taking in the magnificent fall foliage. No matter how you choose to spend your time, theres no better place to reconnect than our Missoula Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today.