The list of most romantic things to do in Missoula is as varied and dynamic as the city itself. So whatever defines your perfect couple’s getaway can be found in lively Missoula. The energetic downtown offers great restaurants, entertainment, and museums. The city is also surrounded by the amazing Montana landscape that visitors enjoy during any season. When looking for the most relaxing, romantic escape, a secluded bed and breakfast creates the perfect lovers’ retreat. Plan your ideal getaway and explore all the wonderful things to do in Missoula: Continue reading
The list of reasons to visit Missoula covers so many interests and activities. Are you here for the great restaurants, nightlife and culture in downtown Missoula? Whereas others come for the stunning mountains, forests and rivers. Perhaps it’s the perfect balance of city and outdoor activities that’s one of the best reasons to visit Missoula. In Dina Mishev’s Washington Post article, she highlights all the reasons to visit Missoula. Such as the historic downtown and beautiful college campus that offer a vibrant city experience without the suffocating crowds. Montana’s second largest city packs a lot of things to do in its smaller size. The article also mentions all the awesome outdoor opportunities, from hiking to skiing and fishing to white water rafting.
We couldn’t agree more with this love letter to Missoula and all the reasons to visit Missoula. The Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast location is just a short drive to downtown Missoula, yet close to all the outdoor adventures. Our guests enjoy sweeping views of the river valley and outstanding hospitality. Reserve your private suite at the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast for an unforgettable Missoula getaway.
5 Best Reasons to Visit Missoula
A Missoula vacation includes everything found in a great city, in addition to exciting outdoor activities. This lively city has wonderful restaurants, arts, culture and nightlife. While visitors can also play all day in the surrounding mountains, rivers and forests. Find your best reason to visit Missoula:
- Missoula Arts, Culture and Shopping – Art lovers have a choice of two excellent museums in Missoula. The Missoula Art Museum features a contemporary art collection featuring a large selection of Contemporary American Indian Art. While visitors will find a range of art styles, from Rembrandt to Warhol, at the Montana Museum of Art & Culture. The eclectic downtown galleries open their doors on Missoula First Friday Nights. For a night of live theater, check out the talented performers at the Missoula Community Theater and at Hamilton’s Players, Inc.. Great music venues like the Wilma Theatre, the KettleHouse Amphitheater and Big Sky Brewing host concerts throughout the year. Movie fans can catch the latest independent or foreign film at the Roxy Theater. Don’t leave without an authentic Montana souvenir from Rockin Rudy’s. The 15,000-square-foot store carries hundreds of Montana-made products and the state’s largest selection of records and CD’s.
- Amazing Missoula Restaurants and Cafes – For a special evening out with great food and elegant cocktails make a reservation at Plonk, James Bar, or The Keep Restaurant. If your catching a show at the Wilma Theatre find great dining at Scotty’s Table in the lower level. They specialize in fresh local ingredients with a delicious seasonal menu. For the very best in fine-dining with an emphasis on simplicity visit the Pearl Cafe, a Missoula classic.
- Fantastic Missoula Nightlife – After dinner or a show keep the evening going at a local brewery, cocktail lounge or club. The city is overflowing with great craft breweries that also host fun events as well as serving amazing beer. Some favorite places are Dram Shop, Draught Works Brewery, Imagine Nation Brewing, KettleHouse Brewing Co., Bayern Brewery and Big Sky Brewery Brewing Co. While wine lovers can stop by Ten Spoon Vineyard & Winery for a flight of wonderful vino at a picturesque location. The Montana Distillery, located in the historic district, has been around since Prohibition and serves original cocktails created with their own vodka, gin, and whiskey. Then check out a talented band or DJ at The Top Hat, Wilma Theater or Monk’s.
- Hit the Trails – Right in downtown Missoula visitors can find challenging hiking on the University of Montana campus. For great views of the city hike the “M” trail or the even higher Mount Sentinel peak. Just outside of the city are miles and miles of stunning trails to explore. The Lolo National Forest has over 700 miles of trails that travel through dense forests, by mountain streams and along tranquil lakes. Mountain Biking the trails at top speed is also a popular way to enjoy the outdoors around Missoula. When the snow arrives cross-country skiers take over the scenic paths.
- Beautiful Lakes and Rivers – Montana Rivers are famous for their beauty and exceptional fly fishing. A river even runs through the center of Missoula. The Clark Fork River winds it way through the downtown with trails and walking paths along its banks. There’s a reason the famous novel and movie, “A River Runs Through It”, are set and filmed in Montana. The Missoula area, with its wealth of pristine lakes and rivers, is a prime destination for fishing. Sections of the Clark Fork River and Blackfoot River also offer heart-pounding whitewater rafting opportunities for thrill seekers.
Come out to Montana and find your own personal reasons to visit Missoula. Any season is the perfect time for a Missoula vacation. Book your escape today to a great city with the best access to outdoor adventures.
Think Missoula when planning your 2019 vacations. Missoula has a stunning, diverse landscape that includes every outdoor adventure imaginable. In addition to exploring the mountains, rivers and forests, this university town also offers great entertainment, dining and nightlife choices. When planning your vacation include a combination of the amazing outdoor and city activities for an unforgettable trip. The Blue Mountain B&B also has the best of both worlds. The tranquil location with great mountain and valley views is also a short drive to all the fun. Book your Missoula getaway at our idyllic inn today.