The list of most romantic things to do in Missoula is as varied and dynamic as the city itself. So whatever defines your perfect couple’s getaway can be found in lively Missoula. The energetic downtown offers great restaurants, entertainment, and museums. The city is also surrounded by the amazing Montana landscape that visitors enjoy during any season. When looking for the most relaxing, romantic escape, a secluded bed and breakfast creates the perfect lovers’ retreat. Plan your ideal getaway and explore all the wonderful things to do in Missoula: Continue reading
The list of reasons to visit Missoula covers so many interests and activities. Are you here for the great restaurants, nightlife and culture in downtown Missoula? Whereas others come for the stunning mountains, forests and rivers. Perhaps it’s the perfect balance of city and outdoor activities that’s one of the best reasons to visit Missoula. In Dina Mishev’s Washington Post article, she highlights all the reasons to visit Missoula. Such as the historic downtown and beautiful college campus that offer a vibrant city experience without the suffocating crowds. Montana’s second largest city packs a lot of things to do in its smaller size. The article also mentions all the awesome outdoor opportunities, from hiking to skiing and fishing to white water rafting.
We couldn’t agree more with this love letter to Missoula and all the reasons to visit Missoula. The Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast location is just a short drive to downtown Missoula, yet close to all the outdoor adventures. Our guests enjoy sweeping views of the river valley and outstanding hospitality. Reserve your private suite at the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast for an unforgettable Missoula getaway.
5 Best Reasons to Visit Missoula
A Missoula vacation includes everything found in a great city, in addition to exciting outdoor activities. This lively city has wonderful restaurants, arts, culture and nightlife. While visitors can also play all day in the surrounding mountains, rivers and forests. Find your best reason to visit Missoula:
- Missoula Arts, Culture and Shopping – Art lovers have a choice of two excellent museums in Missoula. The Missoula Art Museum features a contemporary art collection featuring a large selection of Contemporary American Indian Art. While visitors will find a range of art styles, from Rembrandt to Warhol, at the Montana Museum of Art & Culture. The eclectic downtown galleries open their doors on Missoula First Friday Nights. For a night of live theater, check out the talented performers at the Missoula Community Theater and at Hamilton’s Players, Inc.. Great music venues like the Wilma Theatre, the KettleHouse Amphitheater and Big Sky Brewing host concerts throughout the year. Movie fans can catch the latest independent or foreign film at the Roxy Theater. Don’t leave without an authentic Montana souvenir from Rockin Rudy’s. The 15,000-square-foot store carries hundreds of Montana-made products and the state’s largest selection of records and CD’s.
- Amazing Missoula Restaurants and Cafes – For a special evening out with great food and elegant cocktails make a reservation at Plonk, James Bar, or The Keep Restaurant. If your catching a show at the Wilma Theatre find great dining at Scotty’s Table in the lower level. They specialize in fresh local ingredients with a delicious seasonal menu. For the very best in fine-dining with an emphasis on simplicity visit the Pearl Cafe, a Missoula classic.
- Fantastic Missoula Nightlife – After dinner or a show keep the evening going at a local brewery, cocktail lounge or club. The city is overflowing with great craft breweries that also host fun events as well as serving amazing beer. Some favorite places are Dram Shop, Draught Works Brewery, Imagine Nation Brewing, KettleHouse Brewing Co., Bayern Brewery and Big Sky Brewery Brewing Co. While wine lovers can stop by Ten Spoon Vineyard & Winery for a flight of wonderful vino at a picturesque location. The Montana Distillery, located in the historic district, has been around since Prohibition and serves original cocktails created with their own vodka, gin, and whiskey. Then check out a talented band or DJ at The Top Hat, Wilma Theater or Monk’s.
- Hit the Trails – Right in downtown Missoula visitors can find challenging hiking on the University of Montana campus. For great views of the city hike the “M” trail or the even higher Mount Sentinel peak. Just outside of the city are miles and miles of stunning trails to explore. The Lolo National Forest has over 700 miles of trails that travel through dense forests, by mountain streams and along tranquil lakes. Mountain Biking the trails at top speed is also a popular way to enjoy the outdoors around Missoula. When the snow arrives cross-country skiers take over the scenic paths.
- Beautiful Lakes and Rivers – Montana Rivers are famous for their beauty and exceptional fly fishing. A river even runs through the center of Missoula. The Clark Fork River winds it way through the downtown with trails and walking paths along its banks. There’s a reason the famous novel and movie, “A River Runs Through It”, are set and filmed in Montana. The Missoula area, with its wealth of pristine lakes and rivers, is a prime destination for fishing. Sections of the Clark Fork River and Blackfoot River also offer heart-pounding whitewater rafting opportunities for thrill seekers.
Come out to Montana and find your own personal reasons to visit Missoula. Any season is the perfect time for a Missoula vacation. Book your escape today to a great city with the best access to outdoor adventures.
Valentine’s Day should be celebrated all month and not just one day. In other words, treat your loved one to romantic getaway anytime this February. In fact, just a few minutes drive from downtown Missoula find your perfect, private retreat. Nestle in a mountainside, the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast has sweeping views of the Bitterroot River and valley below. Spend you days skiing, or snowshoeing in the magnificent mountains and forests or exploring the arts and culture in Missoula. After a romantic dinner at one of the many elegant local restaurants, return to your inviting, comfortable guest suites. Now is the time to book your lover’s escape and warm up the last chilly days of winter. Continue reading
A romantic escape is what every couple really wants for the holidays. During this hectic time of year, it can be very hard to find time for just the two of you. The answer is to plan a romantic vacation. The Blue Mountain Lodge has everything needed for a private retreat. Nestled in a mountainside, all of our guest suites have beautiful views that include pine forests, the Bitterroot River, the valley below or our tranquil gardens. Relax in the comfort and luxury of our generous rooms, many with jetted tubs and private decks. Then wake up to an elegant breakfast that will have you ready for another day exploring Missoula. When you want to venture out, all of Missoula’s dining, culture and nightlife are just a short drive away. Book a romantic vacation for two at the Blue Mountain Lodge today.
Wine lovers visiting Missoula can feel outnumbered by the beer connoisseurs. However, there are plenty of great places to enjoy a wonderful glass of vino. Missoula offers wine enthusiasts many venues to sample the best in Montana. Whether paired with a delicious meal or a stunning sunset over the amazing Montana landscape, a great vintage will enhance your Missoula experience. At Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast, we have stunning views at our mountainside retreat. Guests love to relax with a glass on our many decks and the sweeping views of the Bitterroot River are breathtaking in every season. Plan a relaxing vacation in Missoula while discovering the excellent wines of the region.
Fancy cocktails can begin or top off a perfect date night in downtown Missoula. After a day hiking, biking or fishing in Montana’s beautiful landscape, discover the romantic side of Missoula. Reward an active day in the outdoors with a classy drink, great food, and live music in a sophisticated cocktail lounge. Blue Mountain Lodge has a great central location, only a short drive to all the favorite local night spots. We offer a private setting that’s close to all the nightlife. Book your suite with us today for vacation with the perfect balance of rustic beauty and chic dining. Continue reading
The beautiful and rugged city of Missoula is the place to be this fall. Missoula is both hip and trendy, and undeniably beautiful, perfect the avid nature enthusiast in you. Missoula is a getaway destination nothing short of rejuvenating, so pack a jacket and some hiking boots, and get ready to fall in love with Montana all over again. Take advantage of these final months of autumn, and experience Montana without the packed summer crowds. The Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast is nestled on a peaceful mountainside. There’s no better place to start your journey than sitting amongst the Ponderosa Pines and meditative water gardens at our Missoula Bed and Breakfast. We’re here waiting for you, so book your fall getaway with us today. Continue reading
We can’t believe summer is almost over in Missoula. It’s been another season filled with wonderful adventure and delightful guests. While we’re looking forward to the cool and colorful months of fall ahead, we aren’t quite ready to let go of summer yet. Come join us for a last minute summer getaway, and experience the best dining Missoula has to offer. There are a lot of great ways to eat locally in Missoula, including food trucks, local bars, breweries and distilleries, and restaurants doing their best to serve up delicious, locally sourced dishes. In fact, the sheer choice of places to dine in Missoula has never been better. Come join us this summer, and give yourself plenty of time to eat your way through the best local dining establishments Missoula has to offer. Continue reading
Now that the busy rush of the holidays are over, are you finding yourself daydreaming about a wistful, romantic getaway? Are you longing for a place where you can escape to relax, reconnect, rejuvenate your soul, and plan for the year ahead? How does a luxurious Bed and Breakfast, nestled on a quiet mountainside just outside of the hip and trendy town of Missoula sound to you? To us, it sounds just about perfect. Missoula has everything you could want in a vacation destination: Fantastic restaurants, a vibrant culture, a trendy arts scene, plenty of craft brews and wine to drink, and a tremendous variety of outdoor recreation and unbeatable scenery to be enjoyed. You won’t want to miss winter in Missoula. Book your romantic getaway at our Montana Bed and Breakfast today. Continue reading
The beautiful, rugged city of Missoula is relaxing and inviting, and filled with fun and exciting things to do throughout the year. What makes Missoula such a wonderful vacation destination is the hip and trendy atmosphere you’ll find here, coupled with the natural beauty that Montana is famous for. Missoula is a fall getaway destination nothing short of rejuevenating for the busy soul. Whether you are celebrating a wedding, honeymoon, anniversary, or special occasion, or maybe just looking for a little time to reconnect with someone special, the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast is the place for you. Nestled on a peaceful mountainside outside the thriving city center, we beckon you to sit amongst the Ponderosa Pines and meditative water gardens, and create your perfect romantic fall getaway at our Missoula Bed and Breakfast. We’re here waiting for you, so book your fall getaway with us today. Continue reading