The best things to do in Missoula this summer include a wide variety of outdoor activities to visiting museums and checking out a festival. With Missoula’s location in Montana’s Northern Rockies, where 3 rivers converge and 7 wilderness areas surround the city there is a multitude of options to get out and explore the natural beauty here. The city also offers opportunities to see this rich arts and culture center with its many museums and galleries. There may not be much left of the summer season, but there is still plenty to do and see while you can!
Let our Missoula bed and breakfast be your perfect summertime getaway! At our mountainside retreat, you’ll feel as if you have stepped into your own private cabin in the woods. We are located on 20 acres of wildlife habitat that is adjacent to a National Forest for the feeling of ultimate privacy and seclusion. From our Montana inn, you’ll see the surrounding Blue Mountains, views of the Missoula Valley, and the Bitterroot River below.
While our accommodations will make you feel as if you are in near solitude we are conveniently located so that within a minute’s drive you can be downtown enjoying many of the attractions this town has to offer. If you want the perfect place to escape to this summer, book your stay with us today!
The Best Things to do in Missoula
The rugged natural beauty of this area lends itself to summertime exploration and so there are many options of things to do in Missoula for outdoor enthusiasts as you might expect. There are also a plethora of unique ways to experience this Montana town that get you out among the locals, enjoying a festival, or checking out the arts and culture scene. There are not many more long summer days left, so come out and get the last taste of this magical season in Missoula. Here are some of our favorite things to do in Missoula this summer!
- Be sure to check out the River City Roots Festival that takes place August 27-28 2021 in the heart of downtown. This 2-day free festival is a favorite of locals and visitors alike and features live musical performances, a world-class fine art show, family fun activities, and a 4-mile fun run through the city. This is definitely one of the more unique things to do in Missoula this summer and is a must-see!
- One of the fun and interesting things to do in Missoula this summer is to take advantage of the season and visit a farmers market. This is a great way to support local businesses and farms while also buying locally grown items such as fruits, veggies, meat, and honey. Both the Clark Fork River Market and The Missoula Farmers Market are open all summer long. Collect different items for a picnic lunch or find a special something to take back with you.
- One of the most popular things to do in Missoula during the summer is to go for a hike. With so many National Forest areas that surround the city, this is a hikers haven. Closest to downtown is the well-known Mount Sentinel hike or the “M” as it is referred to. The Kim Williams Trail is also an easy escape from the city along the Clark Fork River. The nearby Rattlesnake Wilderness provides lots of day-hiking and backpacking opportunities as does the Pattee Canyon National Recreation Area.
- Biking is one of the more exhilarating things to do in Missoula during the summer season. The city is extremely bike-friendly and offers pathways through the downtown, along the river, or off-road adventures in the many National Recreation areas. The Bitterroot Trail is a 50-mile paved path that connects Missoula to the town of Hamilton with stops along the way. You can enjoy a peaceful ride along the Kim Williams Trail that follows the Clark Fork River and connects up to other paths as well.
- One of the quintessential things to do in Missoula during the summer is to get out for some fly fishing. Situated near the Clark Fork, Bitterroot, and Blackfoot Rivers this area provides some of the best fishing in the world. Need gear or a guide? Blackfoot River Outfitters, Missoula On The Fly, and Grizzly Hackle all offer what you’ll need for a memorable time out in the wilderness.
- The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation is a must-see this summer for an informative and fun way to learn all about the importance of Elk country through interactive exhibits. The museum highlights conservation efforts in Montana and features a peaceful nature trail that winds through the 22-acre property.
- One of the more unforgettable things to do in Missoula this summer is to watch the surfers at Brennan’s Wave downtown on the Clark Fork River. This man-made wave was constructed in memory of a world-class kayaker. On summer evenings you can come down to check out kayakers, surfers, and paddleboarders trying out new tricks on the wave.
- Head down to the Hip Strip for some unique boutique shopping, checking out art galleries, and great eateries. The businesses here are all locally owned and operated and offer a great way to find that perfect souvenir for your time in Missoula.
- One of the most classic things to do in Missoula is to check out one (or more) of the many incredible breweries that dot the city. From craft and specialized breweries to establishments that serve up more traditional brews, you’ll see why Missoula is one of the top destinations for beer in the country. Places like Big Sky Brewing Co., Bayern Brewing, Kettlehouse Brewing, Conflux Brewing, and so many others offer great spaces to enjoy a refreshing beverage on a summer’s day.
The Best Missoula Lodging
While you are visiting this summer and exploring all of the things to do in Missoula you’ll need a quiet, cozy, and comfortable place to relax! Our Missoula bed and breakfast is the summertime mountain retreat you’ve been dreaming of. You can unwind and rejuvenate in your private guest room that reflects the local beauty of the surrounding area. Our casual yet elegant rooms are luxurous spaces that provide everything you need for the perfect getaway.
You’ll get a great night’s sleep on your king or queen size bedfitted with a down comforter and fine linens. Unwind in your private bath with a jetted tub and get some solitude in your very own sitting area. We want to help make your vacation to Missoula be as memorable as possible. If you want the best place in Montana to escape to at the end of this summer, book your stay with us today!