We’re heading full-steam ahead into winter in Missoula, which, for outdoor enthusiasts, means an incredible season of fun ahead. There’s no shortage of great places for snowmobiling in Montana, but Missoula is arguably one of the best. Speed through the gorgeous terrain of Lolo Pass
Though enjoying some time snowmobiling in Montana is undoubtedly a favorite pastime for Missoulians, it’s not the only thing to do around here in the winter. Missoula truly is a winter wonderland, filled with incredible places to explore – and it’s not only about the outdoors, either. There are just as many things to do in Missoula in the winter indoors as there are out!
As you zip from one adventure snowmobiling in Montana to another, you’ll need a cozy and comfortable place to retreat when you need somewhere to warm up. There’s no better place to relax than our Missoula Bed and Breakfast. We’re located a short drive out of downtown Missoula, far enough away to feel as though you have your own private winter retreat, but close enough to enjoy the best of downtown Missoula when you want it – this includes top-rated Missoula restaurants, museums, breweries, and more, of course.
Our Missoula Bed and Breakfast truly is the perfect place to relax, unwind, and explore this winter – and we’ll position you close to some of the best snowmobiling in Montana! Don’t miss out this winter. Book your room at our Missoula Bed and Breakfast today!
Find the Best Snowmobiling in Montana
Missoula has a well-earned reputation as a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts. From hiking, biking, and fly fishing during the summer months to downhill skiing, snowboarding, and more during the winter, there are so many fantastic things to do in the winter. Missoula is also home to some of the best snowmobiling in Montana, which promises yet another fun way to get out and explore the unforgettable winter wonderland that is Missoula.
Winter in Montana is synonymous with snow, and one of the best ways to get out and play in the snow is to enjoy snowmobiling in Montana. Talk about a fun way to explore and have some fun while doing it! If you’re looking for some of the best snowmobiling in Montana this winter, don’t miss the great trails in Missoula. We’ve listed 5 of the best trails for snowmobiling in the area below.
- The Lolo Pass area is one of the best places to enjoy snowmobiling in Montana, and it’s just a short distance from our Missoula Bed and Breakfast. Here, you’ll find more than 250 incredible miles of trails for snowmobiling in Montana, setting you up for hours of speedy fun in the Missoula area.
- The trail network in the Lolo Pass area also connects up to even more snowmobiling trails in the Clearwater National Forest on the border with Idaho, another exceptional place to enjoy snowmobiling in Montana.
- The Seeley Lake Recreation area is one of the most popular places for outdoor enthusiasts year-round in the Missoula area. It also just so happens to be an excellent place to enjoy some snowmobiling in Montana. There are more than 230 miles of groomed trails for snowmobilers here.
- Head to the nearby 31.5-mile Garnet National Winter Recreation Trail, which takes snowmobilers and skiers into this unique ghost town and offers gorgeous views of the Blackfoot Valley. There’s an even more extensive network of trails surrounding Garnet.
- The Blue Mountain Recreation Area, which is practically our backyard, is another spectacular place for snowmobiling in Missoula.
7 More Things to do in Missoula This Winter
Snow, snow, and more snow! That is what winter in Missoula is all about. Having fun in the snow and making the most of this glorious time of year is what most people in this Montana town are good at! The winter here averages 40 inches of snow per year. What else is there to do but play in it?! There are also great opportunities to savor indoor activities after being in the snow all day. Here are our ten favorite things to do in Missoula this winter.
- If you want to marvel at the stunning winter landscapes winter brings to Montana, one of the best things to do in Missoula this winter is snowshoe. Great places to go include Pattee Canyon Recreation Area and Rattlesnake Recreation Area.
- Alternatively, you can enjoy a gorgeous afternoon of cross-country skiing at places like Seeley Creek Nordic Ski Trails.
- After some fun in the snow, you’ll want to warm up – and a local brewery or distillery is a great place to do just that! Try a refreshing pint at Kettlehouse Brewing Company, Big Sky Brewing, and Bayern Brewing, or go for something different at Mongomery Distillery, Montana Distillery, Rattlesnake Creek Distillers, and Lolo Creek Distillery.
- There’s no better way to warm up after snowmobiling in Montana than by visiting a natural hot spring. Lolo Hot Springs is a great choice, as are the more natural pools at Jerry Johnson Hot Springs or Weir Hot Springs.
- Dog sledding is one of the more unique things to do in Missoula this winter. You’ll find experienced guides in the area that will happily take you on an unforgettable adventure, including Dogsled Adventures Montana and Triple Creek Ranch.
- You may be sore after all these winter adventures, so treat yourself to something special at local spas like Cedar Creek Salon and Day Spa.
- Nothing is more romantic than a sleigh ride through Missoula’s winter wonderland. Head to Double Arrow Lodge and The Resort at Paws Up for this treasured winter activity.
Missoula’s winter wonderland is waiting. Book your next getaway at our Missoula Bed and Breakfast and enjoy the best snowmobiling in Montana this winter!