The list of most romantic things to do in Missoula is as varied and dynamic as the city itself. So whatever defines your perfect couple’s getaway can be found in lively Missoula. The energetic downtown offers great restaurants, entertainment, and museums. The city is also surrounded by the amazing Montana landscape that visitors enjoy during any season. When looking for the most relaxing, romantic escape, a secluded bed and breakfast creates the perfect lovers’ retreat. Plan your ideal getaway and explore all the wonderful things to do in Missoula: Continue reading
Great Missoula concerts, of every genre, from the famous to rising local bands, are performed at many wonderful venues in and around the city. The city’s two major concert halls, The Wilma and Top Hat serve as the cultural headquarters for Missoula concerts. Both host big name bands as well as Missoula musical talent. While the University of Montana venues also host headliner bands, the Missoula Symphony Orchestra, the String Orchestra of the Rockies, and the amazing students from the School of Music department. Come across a fun Missoula concert almost any weekend at the lively downtown breweries, pubs or bars. And when the snows melt away and the days warm up, the city parks and outdoor amphitheaters gear up for their summer concerts and festivals. All these incredible musical venues make the Missoula concert scene as diverse and exciting as the music performed.
Whether you’re coming to Missoula for a winter skiing vacation or planning a hiking getaway in the warmer months, Missoula concerts makes your trip even more memorable. Whatever your musical taste, you’ll find a choice of shows at big or small venues all around Missoula. Plan your stay at the perfect setting as well, at the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast. Nestled in a mountainside location with sweeping views of the Bitterroot river and valley. Relax at a tranquil location that’s only minutes from downtown Missoula. Our generous guest suites have private baths with jetted tubs and all the comforts for a serene night’s sleep. Wake each day to a creative, hearty breakfast that will have you ready for another day of adventures. Reserve your beautiful getaway to Missoula in 2020!
The Snowbowl ski area offers everything needed for an exciting day of skiing or snowboarding in Missoula, MT. Intermediate and advanced skiers can put their skills to the test on a vertical of 2600 feet. While the annual 300 inches of snow creates ideal conditions on the glade skiing trails. In addition to the friendly staff at the ski rental shop, visitors also enjoy affordable day passes and great food at the two on-site cafes. Throughout the season the Snowbowl hosts thrilling races and competitions. All of this is just a short drive from downtown Missoula and it’s fun night life.
Plan the perfect snowy Montana getaway and make The Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast your romantic retreat. Our mountainside location has sweeping valley views of the Bitterroot River, made even more magical when dusted with fresh snowfall. Wake each morning rested and relaxed from a tranquil night’s sleep in our luxurious guest suites. Our hearty, gourmet breakfasts will have you ready for another day on the Snowbowl slopes. Reserve your elegant room at the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast for an unforgettable Missoula vacation this ski season.
Don’t consider an Airbnb Missoula rental when a professionally run bed and breakfast offers so much more on your Montana vacation. At Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast, guests are warmly greeted at the door by their hosts, Brady and Elaine Anderson-Wood. Their passion and attention to detail cannot be matched by a faceless contact through an Airbnb Missoula rental. The innkeepers are dedicated to making their guests feel relaxed and pampered throughout their stay. Also, as Montana locals, they know all the best kept secrets in and around Missoula. Experience your very best vacation, customized to your interests with activity recommendations from the hosts.
Why cook on your vacation? An Airbnb Missoula rental doesn’t offer gourmet breakfasts every morning served with freshly brewed coffee. Guests at Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast enjoy homemade and creative meals with stunning valley and mountain views. Lastly, our inn offers a peace of mind that no Airbnb Missoula rental could. The Blue Mountain B&B is a member of The Montana Bed and Breakfast Association. Enjoy a worry-free vacation at an excellent bed and breakfast run by professional innkeepers. Reserve your elegant suite at the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast and experience a perfect Missoula getaway.
The list of reasons to visit Missoula covers so many interests and activities. Are you here for the great restaurants, nightlife and culture in downtown Missoula? Whereas others come for the stunning mountains, forests and rivers. Perhaps it’s the perfect balance of city and outdoor activities that’s one of the best reasons to visit Missoula. In Dina Mishev’s Washington Post article, she highlights all the reasons to visit Missoula. Such as the historic downtown and beautiful college campus that offer a vibrant city experience without the suffocating crowds. Montana’s second largest city packs a lot of things to do in its smaller size. The article also mentions all the awesome outdoor opportunities, from hiking to skiing and fishing to white water rafting.
We couldn’t agree more with this love letter to Missoula and all the reasons to visit Missoula. The Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast location is just a short drive to downtown Missoula, yet close to all the outdoor adventures. Our guests enjoy sweeping views of the river valley and outstanding hospitality. Reserve your private suite at the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast for an unforgettable Missoula getaway.
5 Best Reasons to Visit Missoula
A Missoula vacation includes everything found in a great city, in addition to exciting outdoor activities. This lively city has wonderful restaurants, arts, culture and nightlife. While visitors can also play all day in the surrounding mountains, rivers and forests. Find your best reason to visit Missoula:
- Missoula Arts, Culture and Shopping – Art lovers have a choice of two excellent museums in Missoula. The Missoula Art Museum features a contemporary art collection featuring a large selection of Contemporary American Indian Art. While visitors will find a range of art styles, from Rembrandt to Warhol, at the Montana Museum of Art & Culture. The eclectic downtown galleries open their doors on Missoula First Friday Nights. For a night of live theater, check out the talented performers at the Missoula Community Theater and at Hamilton’s Players, Inc.. Great music venues like the Wilma Theatre, the KettleHouse Amphitheater and Big Sky Brewing host concerts throughout the year. Movie fans can catch the latest independent or foreign film at the Roxy Theater. Don’t leave without an authentic Montana souvenir from Rockin Rudy’s. The 15,000-square-foot store carries hundreds of Montana-made products and the state’s largest selection of records and CD’s.
- Amazing Missoula Restaurants and Cafes – For a special evening out with great food and elegant cocktails make a reservation at Plonk, James Bar, or The Keep Restaurant. If your catching a show at the Wilma Theatre find great dining at Scotty’s Table in the lower level. They specialize in fresh local ingredients with a delicious seasonal menu. For the very best in fine-dining with an emphasis on simplicity visit the Pearl Cafe, a Missoula classic.
- Fantastic Missoula Nightlife – After dinner or a show keep the evening going at a local brewery, cocktail lounge or club. The city is overflowing with great craft breweries that also host fun events as well as serving amazing beer. Some favorite places are Dram Shop, Draught Works Brewery, Imagine Nation Brewing, KettleHouse Brewing Co., Bayern Brewery and Big Sky Brewery Brewing Co. While wine lovers can stop by Ten Spoon Vineyard & Winery for a flight of wonderful vino at a picturesque location. The Montana Distillery, located in the historic district, has been around since Prohibition and serves original cocktails created with their own vodka, gin, and whiskey. Then check out a talented band or DJ at The Top Hat, Wilma Theater or Monk’s.
- Hit the Trails – Right in downtown Missoula visitors can find challenging hiking on the University of Montana campus. For great views of the city hike the “M” trail or the even higher Mount Sentinel peak. Just outside of the city are miles and miles of stunning trails to explore. The Lolo National Forest has over 700 miles of trails that travel through dense forests, by mountain streams and along tranquil lakes. Mountain Biking the trails at top speed is also a popular way to enjoy the outdoors around Missoula. When the snow arrives cross-country skiers take over the scenic paths.
- Beautiful Lakes and Rivers – Montana Rivers are famous for their beauty and exceptional fly fishing. A river even runs through the center of Missoula. The Clark Fork River winds it way through the downtown with trails and walking paths along its banks. There’s a reason the famous novel and movie, “A River Runs Through It”, are set and filmed in Montana. The Missoula area, with its wealth of pristine lakes and rivers, is a prime destination for fishing. Sections of the Clark Fork River and Blackfoot River also offer heart-pounding whitewater rafting opportunities for thrill seekers.
Come out to Montana and find your own personal reasons to visit Missoula. Any season is the perfect time for a Missoula vacation. Book your escape today to a great city with the best access to outdoor adventures.
At one time the mountains of Montana were filled with silver and gold, and the abandoned mines left behind a wealth of ghost towns. The boom and bust cycle gave rise to quickly constructed mining towns that were deserted when the riches dried up. Now these haunted and historic towns, in beautiful mountainous location, make great day trips from Missoula. Close to these excursions, great outdoor activities and Missoula’s lively nightlife find the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast. Our generous, elegant suites offer wonderful valley views on our private grounds. Guests enjoy a gourmet breakfast, and a sweeping vista from our mountainside location. Reserve your fall getaway to Missoula and explore the mysterious ghost towns of Montana.
Fall is a favorite season for those that love the outdoors in Missoula. The cooler weather, brilliant fall colors and quieter hiking trails all make fall the best time for a getaway. The beautiful landscape with rivers, lakes, forests and mountains are home to all kinds of wildlife. Explore beautiful trails leading to sweeping vistas of the glowing autumn treetops. Along the way watch for a variety of birds and mammals that make their home in the Montana landscape. Keep enjoying the great views after a day of fall hiking, by staying at the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast. Nestled in a mountainside overlooking the Bitterroot River and surrounding valley, our guests wake up to breathtaking views each day. That along with a hearty, gourmet breakfast will have you ready for another day of adventures. Reserve your luxury suite with us today and a relaxing fall vacation in beautiful Missoula.
The scenic drive through the Lolo Pass during the wildflower season makes a wonderful Missoula day trip. The drive takes about 45 to 50 minutes from Missoula and you can continue over the pass into Idaho through Clearwater National Forest. However the lush alpine meadows, bursting with brilliant colors is a magical drive all on its own. The carpet of blue, yellow, purple and white blossoms glow against the background of deep green hills cover in evergreens. Wade into an ocean of blue flowers in Packer Meadow, with the impressive Bitterroot Mountains in the distance.
Guests of the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast wake up to sweeping valley and mountain views everyday. Our multi-level decks provide stunning overlooks of Bitterroot River and surrounding landscape. Nestled in a mountainside, the vista is incredible during any season. Pamper yourself in our generous suites with private baths and relaxing jetted tubs. Wake up to a hearty, gourmet breakfast and ready to explore Missoula. Reserve your peaceful getaway at the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast before the wildflowers fade away.
After enjoying the beautiful landscape around Missoula, discover more Montana treasures on a drive through the countryside. A short journey to these three spectacular Missoula day trips is well worth the time. Destinations, from under an hour’s drive to less than three, offer breathtaking views, historic sites and outdoor recreation. Plan a day trip to the Blackfoot Valley, Bitterroot Valley and Glacier National Park to enhance any Missoula vacation. Not only does each area offer a wealth of memorable experiences, the drive reveals the matchless beauty of Montana. After expanding your view of the Big Sky Country, return to your very own mountainside retreat at the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast. Our private suites offer sweeping valley views in a serene setting. Wake up each morning to a gourmet breakfast and ready for a new day of adventures. Book your Missoula summer getaway at the beautiful Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast.
Simply put, Missoula worships the outdoors. That’s why nature preserves are found everywhere, not only in the countryside but also right in the city’s downtown. Find a quiet retreat just blocks from bustling restaurants. Explore challenging steep hikes or easy nature trails, all with in the same preserve. Some parks are known for their glacier lakes and plunging waterfalls, while others are home to abundant wildlife. And almost every activity can be found from hiking, biking and horseback riding to boating, fishing and photography. Plan your summer getaway here at a tranquil mountainside retreat that’s close to everything. The Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast, just minutes from downtown Missoula, has everything needed for a perfect summer vacation. Wake up each morning with sweeping valley and mountain views. Each private suite includes its’ own bath with jetted tubs, to soothe tired muscles after hiking or biking. And our hearty, gourmet breakfast will have you ready for another day exploring the beautiful landscape. Book your outdoor adventure with us today.