The craft beer craze sweeping the nation is no stranger to the hip college town of Missoula. In fact, Missoula has a pretty long history of brewing. There is no shortage of places to find a finely-crafted pint of local or international beer in Missoula. In Fact, Missoula ranks #2 in the nation for craft breweries per capita, second only to Portland, OregonCome to Missoula for the delicious beer, and stay for the excellent hospitality. Book your stay at our incredible Montana Bed and Breakfast today, and discover the thriving craft brew culture in Missoula. Continue reading
Missoula is a hip and trendy town, often called the “best town” for one reason or another. It’s been rated one of the best towns for beer drinking, mountain biking, and recently, one of the 10 best cities for singles. Missoula truly does offer something for everyone. Whether you want to spend your time outside, at museums, drinking beer with friends, shopping, or eating really great food, there are plenty of reasons to make Missoula your next vacation destination. Book your room at our romantic Bed and Breakfast, and come explores the best restaurants Missoula has to offer. Continue reading
Valentines Day is just around the corner, and love is in the air. It’s time to let your inner romantic shine! Whether you love the opportunity to be at your most romantic, or dread having to make plans year after year, how about going beyond the traditional chocolate and flowers this year? Instead, make your Valentines Day a meaningful one, and carve out some intimate time for just the two of you. Make your Valentines day memorable with a romantic getaway to one of Montana’s best Bed and Breakfasts. Book your room at the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast today! Continue reading
Downtown Missoula, known for it’s interesting and unique artsy vibe, is an excellent place to spend some time during these cold winter months. So many of us tend to stay indoors, out of the harsh elements of winter, but we urge you to do exactly the opposite. Whether you’re looking for traditional winter activities, such as skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling of sledding, or whether you want to try you’re hand at something different, like a little dog sledding or ice fishing, Missoula is the place to be this snowy winter. It doesn’t matter what the weather does in Montana; there’s always something fun and exciting going on here. Book your room at our wonderful Bed and Breakfast, and experience Missoula’s winter wonderland firsthand. Continue reading
Though many of us are still in a state of denial, the holidays are rapidly approaching. Next week, families will gather around their traditional holiday tables, and so begins a month-long celebration of joy and giving. With a wide variety of shopping and holiday events to enjoy, there’s no better place to unwrap new holiday memories than Missoula. Whether you choose to join of for an amazing Thanksgiving feast, holiday shopping, dazzling light displays, a relaxing getaway, or other fun holiday-themed activities, you’ll find nothing but joy and merriment in Missoula throughout the upcoming holiday season. To get started on your getaway, book a room at our exquisite Bed and Breakfast today. Continue reading
These crisp, fall months practically beg us to curl up in front of a warm fire, safely protected from the harsh elements outside. What’s better than curling up someone special and focusing on romance? In Montana, there’s one romantic getaway destination that outshines the rest. The charming town of Missoula, Montana, imbues a sense of adventure and romance around every street corner and in every restaurant and shop. Spend your days browsing the boutique shops in downtown Missoula, enjoying a glass of Missoula’s finest craft beer, or enjoying an adventure whilst taking in the magnificent fall foliage. No matter how you choose to spend your time, theres no better place to reconnect than our Missoula Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today.
“Autumn Color Extravaganza in Missoula, Montana” is the name of this YouTube video produced by Dave and you can click on the link at the end to see more of his nature travel videos.
Fall is a beautiful time to feel the cool, crisp air, see the changing autumn colors of the leaves, hold hands while walking outside with a loved one, hear the flowing of our local rivers, watch ducks float on top of the water, sip marshmallow-topped hot chocolate, and there are so many more experiences to be had.
Hosts Brady and Elaine welcome guests to have a Blue Mountain Experience at their Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast in Missoula, Montana. Conveniently located near the University of Montana, but surrounded by majestic mountain views and the sparkling Bitterroot River with easy access to the Lewis and Clark walking trail.
There are so many things to see and do during your stay:
- Shop downtown Missoula or their antique mall
- Learn about aerial firefighting at the Smokejumper Visitor Center
- Watch a local theatre performance
- Visit a local art gallery
- Take a historical walking tour of Downtown Missoula
- Visit the Missoula Public Library
- Check out the local music scene
- Hike the “M” known as Mount Sentinel
- Watch Griz football at the University of Montana
- Golf the greens of Missoula
- Rent a bike and go mountain biking
- Explore a Montana State park
- Dine at one of their award-winning local restaurants
Better yet, stay inside and watch a movie on their big screen or read your favorite book. Play a game of pool inside. Or sit outside and watch their serene pond and enjoy their mountain retreat.
You could come alone to recharge your batteries, bring a friend to grow your friendship, bring a romantic partner to enhance your love, or come with a small group of people to spend time together. Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place to getaway to see autumn color!
Written by Kristi Dement of Bed and Breakfast Blogging
Another fall is beginning its descent upon Big Sky Country in Missoula, Montana. With the arrival of autumn, it’s time to start looking forward to spectacular fall displays. Tree-filled mountainsides are already showing hints of their dramatic colors. Soon, we’ll be surrounded by the vibrant crimsons, bursts of fiery oranges, and yellows standing against a backdrop of green, all of which make fall foliage season in Montana a truly stunning display. Though Montana may not be at the top of many lists when it comes to fall foliage displays, we assure you it is a stunning season to visit. Whether you want to enjoy the beauty of fall by foot or behind the wheel, you won’t have to go far. Book your room at our Missoula Bed and Breakfast today, and discover fall in Montana. Continue reading
The river runs through Missoula, Montana. First, Matador Media House produced the short YouTube video just below that shows just how many wonderful things there are to do and see in Missoula. Then we look at some of Missoula’s many recent accolades. Finally, we will see what guests of Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast had to say about their Missoula lodging experience.
“There’s this place…where the skies are BIG and the water flows. A place of deep roots and mountains of PRIDE. A spirit of adventure and a culture of craft. And through it all, THE RIVER RUNS.”
Missoula Has Recently Earned Several Notable Accolades:
- “The Most Fitness-Friendly Cities in America” (Smart Asset)
- “Top U.S. Cities for Biking” (Data Hub)
- “Ten Best River Towns” (Fodor’s Travel)
- “Top 10 Cities For Beer Drinkers” (Smart Asset)
- “20 Cities You Must Visit in Your 20’s” (Huffington Post)
- Home to one of the “Best Ice Cream Spots in the U.S.” (Big Dipper Ice Cream)
- “Top 10 Places to Live” (Livability)
- “Top 20 College Towns in America” (Fodor’s Travel)
- “Top 5 Healthiest and Greenest Cities in America” (Greener Ideal)
- “10 of America’s Hippie Hideouts” (Alot Travel Team)
- “20 Coolest Towns in America” (Matador Network)
- “Most Liveable Small City in America” (Thrillist)
- “5 Best Spots for Wildlife Watching in the U.S.” (Travel Pulse)
- “25 Most Beautiful College Campuses in America” (Thrillist)
- Montana is one of the “Ten Best States For Retiring” (Smart Asset)
You are invited to stay at Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast of Missoula, Montana. Here is what previous guests have had to say about their Blue Mountain experience:
- “What a feeling of renewal! Staying here was like camping in the woods, but with all the comforts of a lovely resort, such a treat. We hope to return next year.” K. M., Virginia
- “In all of our travels through America and beyond, we’ve seldom found a place that gets everything so perfectly right. Part of Blue Mountain B&B’s charm and appeal comes from the lovely, mountain setting itself. Most of what you have to offer, however, is a product of your thoughtfullness, hard work and many talents. We appreciated our stay so very much and hope to return some day.” – P. and C. D., England
- “There is nothing to describe the rejuvenating feeling of your waterfall. We will remember sitting by it for hours, just listening and relaxing.” M.M., Maryland
- “What a beautiful home and view, delicious meals and gracious hospitality.” A. L., Tennessee
Hosts Brady and Elaine welcome you to visit Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast. The Missoula area and their scenic retreat make for the perfect vacation.
By Kristi Dement of Bed and Breakfast Blogging
It’s hard to believe that Labor Day is almost here, which means that the unofficial end to summer is just around the corner. In Missoula, though, there’s still plenty of days left for adventure in the beautiful outdoors. Missoula is a place where you’ll find miles upon miles of exhilarating biking adventures, whether on mountain trails or bike lanes and road routes. In fact, Missoula has been ranked a gold-level bike friendly city, and a Top 5 Large U.S. Cities for Biking. These distinctions reserved for a small handful of exceptional communities around the country. With a new trail opening near our Bed and Breakfast, now is a great time to come to Missoula for a mountain biking adventure. Book a room at our luxury Missoula Bed and Breakfast today. Continue reading