Missoula has a thriving music scene and packs a lot of choices into its downtown. Every type of music lover can find something here. We have rock concerts with famous headliners, full orchestras in majestic halls, pubs hosting local bands and jazz lounges. Plan a night of music after a day cross-country skiing mountain trails or snowboarding the slopes. The Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast will be your quiet retreat when you’re ready to relax. Wake up to sweeping views of the valley below the snowy mountains. Then enjoy our hearty, gourmet breakfast before beginning another day of adventure. Book your stay with us for a fantastic getaway.
Big Music Venues
Our B&B has a serene location, perfect for unwinding, however we are just minutes away from downtown Missoula. There are many opportunities to catch a concert at the larger halls and theaters in the city. The University of Montana has several venues that can accommodate large bands and entire symphonies. In addition to the university, the Wilma Theatre hosts famous musical talent in a historic setting. Here are the venues for a big night out:
- Wilma Theatre – This theater’s hip interior has a classy 1920’s feel with an ornate, gilded stage and expansive balcony, but updated with the latest sound technology.
- Adams Center – This venue can seat 5,500 music lovers during concerts, that include popular singer songwriters, country musicians, and many more.
- Dennison Theatre – Classical music lovers will be moved to tears at the Missoula Symphony Orchestra and Chorale events in this 1,100 seat hall.
- Missoula Symphony Orchestra & Chorale – The Symphony hosts a variety of events that “meld masterpieces with new musical explorations.” Held at several locations, these classical and cabaret performances also include brilliant guest soloists.
- String Orchestra of the Rockies – Join the Orchestra and their special guests at classical music performances. The elegant Recital Hall at the University of Montana campus hosts all their concerts.
Intimate Music Settings
Missoula has a wealth of local talent performing in smaller venues. Hit the dance floor at a bar and discover your new favorite rock, punk or rap band. Enjoy a great meal while a folk, country or blues group entertains a restaurant crowd. Or sip a fine cocktail listening to a cool jazz ensemble. Here are a few of the smaller scenes:
- Top Hat Lounge – Feel the energy of a smaller venue where you can dance next to the stage, or sit back in the lounge area with dinner and drinks.
- Draught Works Brewery – Local beer and music can be found here every Sunday, Thursday and Saturday nights. They have a brew and band for every taste, including Jazz, Indonesian, Rockabilly, and Folk.
- The Highlander Beer – Missoula Brewing Company Taproom – Visit the Taproom for gourmet pizza and a dizzying selection of local beers. Fridays and Saturdays they have live music in a comfortable, modern, retro-warehouse setting.
- Red Bird Restaurant and Wine Bar – Plan a romantic evening out at this classy cafe with a diverse, seasonal menu. Monday nights linger with a drink after dinner and tap your toe to some jazz, country or folk music.
- Monk’s – All genres of contemporary music can be found at this club that hosts DJ dance parties, in addition to live music. Grab a drink and check out a rap, punk-rock or country band.
Montana’s great outdoors coupled with Missoula’s vibrant music scene serves up fun day and night. Plan a vacation with the perfect balance of adventure and tranquility. Book your ideal getaway with us and discover all our region has to offer.