Melt away your stress relaxing in a natural hot spring while vacationing in Montana this winter. Visitors flock to Missoula, Montana for great outdoor activities such as fly-fishing, skiing and hiking. However the dozens of natural springs might be Montana’s best kept secret. Guests can enjoy these geothermal wonders in high-end resorts or hiking to remote pools in the wilderness. Whatever your preference, soaking tired muscles is a welcomed treat after an active day. Make the Blue Mountain B&B your private retreat while exploring the many natural springs. We offer luxury suites and a hearty, gourmet breakfast to have you ready and rested for day trips visiting these restorative pools. Book your romantic hot springs getaway to Missoula with us today.
Hot Spring Day Trips
Montana’s landscape is dotted with natural hot springs within forests, meadows and alongside rivers. Some are the reward at the end of a hike, while others are located in full-service resorts. Here are some wonderful destinations near Missoula:
- Lolo Hot Springs – Only an 18 minute drive from Missoula find this resort perched at the top of the Lolo mountains. Guests have been enjoying the mineral pool for over 200 years. Now it also has an outdoor swimming pool, casino and restaurant. Day visitors are welcome and they have clothing optional times on certain days of the week.
- Quinn’s Hot Springs – Guests can choose from 6 outdoor pools at this resort a little over an hour’s drive from Missoula. All the pools are filled with chemical-free spring water. Clothing is not optional but they do offer a bikini bar with direct access to the pools.
- Symes Hot Springs Hotel & Mineral Baths – Just under an hour and a half away discover this quaint, historic 1940’s hotel. After a long soak in the springs, pamper yourself further with a Swedish massage or facial treatment.
- Jerry Johnson Hot Springs in Idaho – Surprisingly close, this Idaho spring is only an hour and a half drive from Missoula. Many visitors enjoy the brisk hike up to these three natural springs located in the Clearwater National Forest. One of the pools offers amazing mountain views from its meadow location. Enjoying the pools is completely free but they are for day use only, and clothing is optional.
- Weir Creek Hot Springs – Also located in the Clearwater National Forest in Idaho and is just a few miles away from the Jerry Johnson Hot Springs. It’s an easy hike, less than a mile, up to the spring surrounded by cedars and rock cliffs. Relax and take in the wonderful views in these natural springs. Clothing is also optional here and use of the pools is free.
- Lost Trail Hot Springs Resort – This resort is about an hour and a half drive from Missoula and is also a great area for skiing. The outdoor pool is cover by a dome in the winter months and guests can also enjoy an indoor hot tub and sauna.
- Fairmont Hot Spring Resort – This resort offers day use packages for their two olympic swimming pools and two mineral soaking pools. One of each is indoors and outdoors and also includes a fun 350 foot water slide.
- Broadwater Hot Springs and Fitness – Just under two hours from Missoula discover this 25,000 sq ft hot springs and fitness facility. Guest have use of three outdoor pools, a hot tub and a cold plunge pool. In addition to a full fitness center they also offer racquetball courts, a restaurant and bar on site.
Hots springs are a wonderful way to relax after a day of skiing, snowshoeing or hiking the Missoula countryside. Restore and rejuvenate your body and also add a bit of romance to those chilly winter months. Treat yourself and your loved one to adventure exploring the natural springs of Missoula. Reserve your private suite at the secluded Blue Mountain B&B today.