The Snowbowl ski area offers everything needed for an exciting day of skiing or snowboarding in Missoula, MT. Intermediate and advanced skiers can put their skills to the test on a vertical of 2600 feet. While the annual 300 inches of snow creates ideal conditions on the glade skiing trails. In addition to the friendly staff at the ski rental shop, visitors also enjoy affordable day passes and great food at the two on-site cafes. Throughout the season the Snowbowl hosts thrilling races and competitions. All of this is just a short drive from downtown Missoula and it’s fun night life.
Plan the perfect snowy Montana getaway and make The Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast your romantic retreat. Our mountainside location has sweeping valley views of the Bitterroot River, made even more magical when dusted with fresh snowfall. Wake each morning rested and relaxed from a tranquil night’s sleep in our luxurious guest suites. Our hearty, gourmet breakfasts will have you ready for another day on the Snowbowl slopes. Reserve your elegant room at the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast for an unforgettable Missoula vacation this ski season.
5 Best Things about the Snowbowl Missoula
As soon as the snow starts to fall in Missoula, locals know it’s time to take the short drive up to the Snowbowl and hit the slopes. Thrill seekers love flying down the steep vertical drop or whooshing around the tree skiing runs. Others come for all the fun races and events during the year, and everyone can find what they need at the full-service base lodge. Discover what make the Snowbowl the best skiing near Missoula:
- A Short Hop from Downtown Missoula – The Snowbowl sits only 8 miles from downtown Missoula and is only a 20 minute drive. After a day snowboarding or skiing enjoy the great Missoula restaurants, breweries, bars and nightlife.
- An Impressive Vertical Drop – One thing that makes the Snowbowl great for intermediate and advanced skiers are the serious steep runs. In fact the 2,600 feet run is one of the highest lift-served verticals in Montana. At the summit, with its great views of the Bitterroot Valley, all trails head down the giant bowl and are rated for expert skiers.
- Amazing Glade Skiing – This place is a dream for those looking for phenomenal tree skiing. 500 acres of the 950 ski areas within the Snowbowl is designated glade skiing. In addition to abundant tree skiing trails, the average annual snowfall of 300 inches creates the perfect conditions
- Friendly and Affordable – From the lift passes, equipment rentals and food visitors will find great prices and friendly service. The Snowbowl Ski Shop has all the services and gear you’ll need for a great day on the slopes. For the best wood-fired pizza on a ski hill, check out The Last Run or The Double Diamond Cafe.
- Fun Events and Races – During the whole ski season the Snowbowl hosts several exciting and fun events. Beginners can joins a class for half price on “Learn to Ski-Board Tuesdays.” 2020 Telemark Evening Dual Slalom Race Series celebrates its 35th year and the longest running telemark race series in the nation. Durin the last week of February, spectators and national media gather to watch the jaw-dropping Snowbowl Cup Gelande Championship. It features spectacular ski jumping of up to 200 feet! The “Best of the Bowl” includes Alpine, Telemark and Snowboard divisions where participants are judged on speed and style. While the “Vertical Challenge” dares teams to rack up the most vertical feet while skiing the mountain in one day. And the “North Dakota Downhill” finished up the season with this contest for all ages and abilities.
Missoula offers the best of both worlds for your winter vacation, easy access to a cool, fun city and some of the best skiing in Montana. After a thrilling day on the slopes, spend your evenings at the great Missoula restaurants, pubs, breweries and bars. Then return to your generous guest suite at the Blue Mountain Bed and Breakfast. Soak tire muscles in your own jetted soaking tub and wake to gorgeous valley views. Plan your winter vacation with us today!