Missoula Montana fly fishing is the quintessential experience to have when you are visiting this beautiful part of the country! Here, there are many rivers, which means lots of places to choose from for the ultimate Montana adventure. Forbes Magazine even named Missoula as one of North America’s top ten trout fishing towns. This challenging and exciting activity gets you out and into the Montana wilderness putting you right in the middle of it all. Missoula Montana fly fishing is sure to be a highlight of your vacation here!
Let our Missoula bed and breakfast be your mountainside getaway this summer! Our quiet and peaceful inn is far enough away from town to feel like a secluded mountain retreat but close enough to be just minutes from world-class shopping, restaurants, and more. Nestled among the Ponderosa Pines you’ll be able to relax and unwind in our meditative gardens.
We have 20 acres of registered wildlife habitat that opens onto federally protected land as well so you’ll really get the sense of being in the Montana wilderness here. Our tranquil and romantic escape has a cozy and casual ambiance where you’ll feel the stress melt away. If you are ready for the perfect vacation to Missoula, book your stay with us today!
The Best Missoula Montana Fly Fishing
You can’t visit Missoula without seeing or hearing people talk about fly fishing. This Montana town is a mecca for this sport where beautiful locations are almost a requirement. Fly fishing is an art where focus on technique depends on what kind of fish you are attracting, which depends upon the location. Missoula happens to have lots of prime locations for this active form of fishing. Beautiful rivers and tributaries cut through the landscape and there is enough space to find your own slice of heaven. Here are the best Missoula Montana fly fishing spots near us.
- The Clark Fork River is the largest drainage in western Montana and eventually winds its way through downtown and surprisingly offers some of the best Missoula Montana fly fishing. Many people usually ignore this spot as it is in the middle of urban surroundings but some of the biggest trout have been seen from here. This is a great option if you just want a quick trip and a convenient location. If you need a break head over to the plethora of breweries and restaurants in the area! If you prefer, you have the option to drive east or west along I-90 where there are plenty of access points as well.
- The Bitterroot River can be heavily used by boats so it’s best to head upstream as boats will be going downstream. The upper stretches of the east and west fork of the Bitterroot River are best for Missoula Montana fly fishing as here the river typically holds bigger fish. Here you’ll find rainbow, brown, and cutthroat all in the same water. You can also explore the many tributaries that drain into the mainstem as you drive towards the east and west forks.
- Rock Creek is a destination for Missoula Montana fly fishing and is known all throughout the world. This Blue Ribbon Stream is perfect for wade fishing. The stream is filled with cutthroats, big brown trout, and rainbows and your odds for catching something here is excellent. The Rock Creek Road parallels the creek for over 50 miles and there are lots of access points along the way. This is also a great spot to see wildlife like moose, bighorn sheep, and deer.
- The majestic Blackfoot River is a magical place full of cutthroat, rainbow, and brown trout. Made famous by Norman Maclean’s “A River Runs Through it” this is one of the most picturesque Missoula Montana fly fishing spots. While there is bountiful trout, wade access is limited here and the conditions can be tricky. Check ahead before venturing out into the river and be cautious. But if you can get out to this location it is well worth it!
- If you are new to fly fishing and are curious to try it out, there are several places that offer great Missoula Montana fly fishing. Blackfoot River Outfitters, Missoula on the Fly, and The Grizzly Hackle all provide gear, places to go, and are ready to show you the ropes of this exciting hobby.
The Perfect Missoula Getaway
Our Missoula bed and breakfast is here to welcome you to the intimate mountain getaway of your dreams! We have private guest rooms set up with your ultimate comfort in mind. Each room reflects the beauty of the flora fauna of the area. You’ll feel as if you have stepped into your own mountain cabin here at our quiet and cozy Montana lodging. Rooms overlook the gardens, forest, surrounding mountains, and valley below.
The plush yet comfortable atmosphere lends itself to the relaxation you’ll feel when you are here. You’ll get a great night’s sleep on your king or queen-size bed fitted with a down comforter and fine linens. Unwind in your jetted tub after a day exploring the best Missoula Montana fly fishing spots. If you are ready for the perfect place to escape to in the mountains of Missoula, book your stay with us today!