There’s plenty of wintry weather on the horizon, and with some of the best Missoula MT skiing just a short drive from our Bed and Breakfast now is a great time to plan your ski vacations. Montana is a veritable winter wonderland, and the 2021-2022 Missoula MT skiing season is looking like it’s going to be a great one for skiers and snowboarders.
Though there’s a lot of great skiing in Montana, Missoula is home to some of the best. It’s easy to get here from a variety of places, and the charming town of Missoula is more than worth visiting, especially when you stay at our cozy Missoula Bed and Breakfast.
Our Missoula Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a long, cold day enjoying the best Missoula MT skiing – and it’s within easy driving distance of downtown Missoula when you need to venture out for a bite to eat, or just want to take a break from skiing for a day. This winter is an exceptional time to visit us. Book your stay at our Missoula Bed and Breakfast today.
The Best Missoula MT Skiing Near our Bed and Breakfast
As you may imagine, there are many choices when it comes to Missoula MT skiing. Winters here are synonymous with snow, and, of course, snow sports like skiing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and even snowmobiling. The Missoula area is famous for its vibrant culture but is also blessed with some truly excellent Missoula MT skiing.
Missoula ski areas have something to offer everyone, too, from the expert skier to the beginner. With so many great nearby options for Missoula MT skiing, it’s pretty hard to go wrong! Here are seven of the best places for Missoula MT Skiing this winter:
Here are 7 incredible places to ski near Missoula.
- The Montana Snowbowl is just a 20-minute drive from downtown and is a local favorite. As far as skiing near Missoula, this is the closest and most convenient. This area boasts a continuous vertical drop of 2,600 feet which is one of the steepest in the nation. Not all trails here are as intense. Many trails are great places for beginners to learn the basics. Each year the Snowbowl hosts the annual Snowbowl Cup Gelande Championship that features ski jumping of up to 200 feet!
- Discovery Ski Area offers lessons and rentals. The four faces of this mountain have amazing terrain that ranges from gentle runs and groomed trails to steeper moguls to a rugged backside for adventurous skiing near Missoula.
- On the west shore of Flathead Lake, overlooking Lakeside, Montana is Blacktail Mountain. This gorgeous ski area sits among 1,000 acres of National Forest land. Everyone starts out with a spectacular view as that’s where the parking lot is located! You’ll see across to Glacier National Park as well as other surrounding snow-covered mountain ranges. Definitely a unique place for skiing near Missoula!
- Where Montana and Idaho meet, in the Bitterroot Range of the Northern Rockies is Lost Trail Powder Mountain. This area is known for having consistently good snow conditions with an average of 300 inches of snowfall each year! This area holds a rich history as the Lewis and Clark Expedition passed through here. Opened in 1938, the Lost Mountain Ski area has always strived to be a family-friendly and affordable experience of skiing near Missoula.
- Lookout Pass is also on the Idaho-Montana state line. In this 540 acres of terrain, there are 37 named runs. You can take a group or private lesson to hone your skills. They also offer season-long and daily rentals. There are regular events offered such as a Torchlight Parade to watch or participate in, and a Mountain Brewfest and snow bowling with kids where kids are your bowling ball!
- If you are looking for more of a resort setting, Whitefish Mountain Resort may be for you! This area is big and has a lot to offer with 3,000 acres of terrain! There is access to ski on all four sides of the mountain. One unique feature of this skiing near Missoula is that they offer ambassadors to help orient you to the mountain and help you choose your dream terrain to ski on.
- The Great Divide Ski Area is a family-operated snowsports mountain park. There are over 140 trails with 5 terrain parks spread out over 3 mountain peaks! Out of all the skiing near Missoula, this area boasts being Montana’s sunniest. Here there are 3 main mountain lifts one of which offers night skiing every Friday night!
Stay at The Best Missoula Bed and Breakfast
As you can see, there’s a lot to love about spending time at our Missoula Bed and Breakfast this winter, not least of which is spending some time on the slopes enjoying the best Missoula MT skiing. Our Inn also happens to be a great place to sit back, relax, and enjoy the charming town of Missoula when you need a break from the snow.
We offer guests their choice of guests rooms. Each guest room is unique and outfitted with an extraordinary range of amenities, including a delicious breakfast made fresh for you each morning. We’ll fuel you up for a full and satisfying day on the slopes with a deliciously prepared breakfast.
We make it easy to relax and enjoy all the good parts of a getaway without any of the added stress that comes with it! It’s time to start planning some of the best Missoula MT skiing for the 2021-2022 season. Book your room at our Missoula Bed and Breakfast today!