Missoula is, without a doubt, one of the best places to stay in Montana. Not only are there so many fantastic things to do in Missoula throughout each of the year’s four seasons, but it’s home to top-rated lodging like our Bed and Breakfast in Missoula. Our Missoula Bed and Breakfast is just a short drive out of downtown, in the heart of the Bitterroot River Valley. From here, many of the top things to do in Missoula, including hiking, biking, canoeing or kayaking, birdwatching, snowmobiling, skiing, and more, are within easy grasp.
When you stay with us at our Bed and Breakfast in Missoula, you truly do get rewarded with the best of both worlds. All the top things to do in Missoula are just moments away, but you get to retreat under the dark skies of our rural Bed and Breakfast in Missoula – a place that offers the perfect balance between city entertainment and quiet solitude. It’s this quiet, cozy mountain retreat that so many of our guests crave when they vacation in Big Sky Country, after all, so why compromise when you can have it all?
Whether you’re here to explore, visit a student at our local university, or otherwise relax and unwind amidst the stunning natural beauty you can only find in Montana, let our Bed and Breakfast in Missoula be the escape you’ve been craving! There’s truly no better place to stay in Montana than our Bed and Breakfast in Missoula. Book your getaway today!
Why We’re the Best Bed and Breakfast in Missoula
There’s plenty of great lodging in the Missoula area, but with confidence, we can say there’s nothing quite like our rustic yet refined Bed and Breakfast in Missoula. We check every box for the modern, discerning traveler – and even offer a few surprises along the way! Our guest rooms are elegant yet rustic and the perfect complement to our natural surroundings, and our location is unbeatable. Sure, we aren’t in downtown Missoula, but with this many acres and views like these, we wouldn’t want to be!
Instead, our Bed and Breakfast in Missoula is set on a gorgeous mountainside surrounded by nature. It’ll feel less like a Bed and Breakfast and more like a private cabin oasis, a true sanctuary for the senses. Whether from your guest room or while dining al fresco, you’ll enjoy beautiful views of the Valley and the surrounding mountains. Our twenty pristine acres offer plenty of space for the locals (wildlife) to wander, and we are adjacent to the Blue Mountain Recreation Area in the Lolo National Forest, which offers miles upon miles of trails for your enjoyment.
We offer a range of onsite leisure activities to enjoy at our Bed and Breakfast in Missoula, too, which means you don’t have to worry about what you’re going to do that day if you don’t want to. Whether you venture into the adjacent wilderness or not, we also offer plenty of opportunities for relaxing by our water garden, reading a book, meditating, playing games in our rec room or outdoors, enjoying a picnic, and otherwise relaxing with a quiet day here at our Bed and Breakfast in Missoula.
After a full day of adventure, we offer cozy and comfortable guest rooms to unwind in. Soak in our jacuzzi baths, or sink into the plush beds outfitted with the best linens. In the morning, you’ll wake up to the mouthwatering aromas of breakfast being made fresh for you. Sink your teeth into one of our delicious entree items, such as Swedish pancakes, huckleberry sourdough, crab cakes, or steak and eggs. You can enjoy breakfast in our beautiful dining room or overlooking the garden from the many decks.
For those guests that prefer staying “inn” at night, we also offer dinner for four or more guests, including a selection of Western BBQ or Italian, Thai, or Central American dishes. You definitely won’t go hungry when you stay with us at our Bed and Breakfast in Missoula.
Best Things to do in Missoula in 2023
Though many of the guests staying with us at our Bed and Breakfast in Missoula are doing so to rest and recharge, just as many of them are looking for fun things to do and adventures to enjoy together. Luckily, there’s no shortage of great things to do in Missoula. Winter, spring, summer, and fall each offer a new range of pursuits and plenty of exciting things to do in Missoula.
From hiking and biking to river rafting and fishing our local waterways, there’s something here for everyone. Montana is a state built for outdoor enthusiasts, but the vibrant, charming town of Missoula has plenty to offer for those pursuing cultural enlightenment, too. We really mean it when we say there are plenty of things to do in Missoula, no matter who you are and what brings you here. Below, we’ve listed ten of our favorite things to do in Missoula, at least some of which we hope you find the time to enjoy in 2023!
- For locals and visitors alike, hiking is one of the most popular things to do in Missoula – and if you’re willing to strap on a pair of snowshoes in the winter, it’s something that can be enjoyed year-round! Popular places to hike in and around Missoula include the Mount Sentinel hike, or the “M,” the Kim Williams Trail, the nearby Rattlesnake Wilderness, and the Pattee Canyon National Recreation Area.
- Similarly, biking is one of the more popular things to do in Missoula – and it’s becoming an increasingly popular mountain biking destination! The city of Missoula itself is very bike-friendly, but great local biking trails include The Bitterroot Trail and the Kim Williams Trail.
- Interested in doing some fishing? Montana is one of the best places for trout fishing, and it just so happens to be one of the most popular things to do in Missoula! We recommend working with local guides, such as Blackfoot River Outfitters, Missoula On The Fly, and Grizzly Hackle.
- Whether you’re an avid kayaker or love a fun afternoon of people-watching, you don’t want to miss your chance to watch people at the legendary Brennan’s Wave in downtown Missoula’s Clark Fork River. This man-made wave was constructed in memory of a world-class kayaker.
- Looking for a bit of culture while in Missoula? You’re in luck! One of the best things to do in Missoula is to head downtown to the Hip Strip, where you’ll find plenty of boutique shopping, art galleries, and restaurants to enjoy. The businesses here are all locally owned and operated.
- Looking for a great way to unwind after a big day of adventure? Don’t miss your chance to embrace the local craft brew scene at the best Missoula breweries.
- If you’re planning a hike or other trip in the wilderness around Missoula, maybe you want to pick up a few provisions for a tasty picnic. There’s no better place to do that than the Clark Fork River Market and The Missoula Farmers Market. They are also just fun to browse even if you don’t need anything.
- For those artistically inclined, one of the best things to do in Missoula is to visit the Missoula Art Museum.
- Visit one of the nearby ghost towns of Montana, arguably one of the more interesting and unusual things to do in Missoula!
- If you really want a big and unforgettable adventure during your time in Missoula, don’t miss the chance to float down the breathtaking Alberton Gorge this summer. It’s easily one of the most amazing things to do in Missoula.
Of course, none of these things would be possible without first visiting our Bed and Breakfast in Missoula. Book your room today!