With travel to Missoula back bigger and better than it ever was, we’re more thrilled than ever to be looking forward to an exciting summer and fall in our exciting part of Western Montana. There are so many fantastic things to do in Missoula each summer, and it’s a part of living here that we love sharing with our guests.
Whether you’re looking for epic adventures in Montana’s wilderness or a mix of adventure and urban exploration, there’s never been a better time to visit our Missoula Bed and Breakfast. We’re located just a short drive from downtown and near many top things to do in Missoula, including recreation in the Lolo Pass area.
While a guest at our Missoula Bed and Breakfast, you’ll have ample opportunity to relax and reset. Now that spring is here and summer is just around the corner, it’s time to plan that much-needed vacation to the beautiful Big Sky State. Enjoy some of the best things to do in Missoula, and stay with us at our Missoula Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today!
10 Things to do in Missoula This Summer
If there’s one thing Missoula is known for, it’s the plethora of big adventures and outdoor activities you can find here. Like much of Western Montana, Missoula is surrounded by truly breathtaking natural scenery – and it’s among these lush forests and crystal-clear rivers and lakes that you’ll find many of the top things to do in Missoula.
From epic hikes with jaw-dropping views to a day of fly fishing or whitewater rafting on local rivers, you’ll never run out of things to do in Missoula. You don’t have to leave the property at our Missoula Bed and Breakfast to get in on some of the action. We’re ideally situated in a secluded spot and afford our guests easy access to a plethora of outdoor activities.
Given that Missoula is all about the great outdoors, we’ve compiled a list of ten of our favorite things to do in Missoula below, with a heavy emphasis on outdoor recreation but with plenty of this amazing city’s other fantastic offerings as well.
- Hiking is one of the most popular things to do in Missoula and its surrounding areas, and for a good reason. One of the most iconic hikes in town is the “M,” otherwise known as Mount Sentinel, which offers one of the best views of the valley. You’ll find even more great Missoula hikes nearby, including those in the Blue Mountain Recreation and Pattee Canyon Recreation areas.
- Like hiking, biking is top-rated among things to do in Missoula – and that goes just as much for scenic road biking as mountain biking. You’ll find some of the best Missoula mountain biking trails here. If you’re looking for relatively flat rides, you can’t beat the 50-mile Bitterroot Trail.
- Kayaking is another popular activity in Missoula during the summer – especially if you head downtown to Brennan’s Wave in downtown Missoula. Even if you just watch the action, it’s a great place to spend an afternoon. Head to Frenchtown Pond State Park, just 5 miles west of Missoula, for a quiet paddle.
- Birdwatching is, and always has been, one of our favorite things to do in Missoula. You can enjoy plenty of birdwatching right here at our Missoula Bed and Breakfast, but there are also plenty of birding hotspots nearby.
- It’s not a trip to Missoula without some fishing, one of the most popular things to do in Missoula (and most of western Montana). Whether you prefer fishing in lakes like Flathead Lake or want to try your skills at some Missoula, Montana fly fishing, there are plenty of options. Check the Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks website for seasons and licensing.
- Hot air ballooning is one of the most unusual – or at least less common – things to do in Missoula. What a fantastic way to see these breathtaking landscapes, though! Mountain Butterfly will take you over mountains and rivers to create a memory that will last a lifetime.
- Golfing is gaining popularity as one of the top things to do in Missoula. With gorgeous golf courses like Linda Vista Golf Course, Canyon River Golf Club, Larchmont Golf Course, and the University of Montana Golf Course, it’s easy to see why.
- We love the Missoula Farmers Markets, and shopping these local treasures is one of the most popular things to do in Missoula during the summer.
- While in downtown Missoula, don’t miss out on an opportunity to shop on the “Hip Strip.” We also recommend you take a self-guided walking tour to learn this Montana town’s fascinating and varied history.
- After these epic adventures, you’ll probably be hungry and thirsty. Grab a cool pint of beer at one of these fantastic Missoula breweries, followed by an exceptional meal at one of the top Missoula restaurants.
Stay at the Best Missoula Bed and Breakfast
We’ve barely gotten started when it comes to listing the best things to do in Missoula, and already it’s easy to see why you’re going to need some time to experience the best of this beautiful mountain town. Of course, while enjoying the top things to do in Missoula, make sure to also plan in some restorative “you” time, and there’s no better place for that than our Missoula Bed and Breakfast.
Embracing Montana’s stunning wilderness, and escape the confines of downtown Missoula while you’re in town. Our Missoula Bed and Breakfast is surrounded by several acres of Montana’s beautiful wilderness, with trails that lead from our property deeper into the Blue Mountain Wilderness. Our Missoula Bed and Breakfast is ideal for renewing the mind, body, and spirit.
Our Missoula Bed and Breakfast offers five cozy, private guest rooms overlooking the Bitterroot Valley. They are the perfect place to relax after your day’s adventure in the great outdoors. In the morning, we’ll treat you to a delicious, homecooked breakfast, the perfect fuel for whatever adventures lie ahead. If you’re ready to enjoy the best Missoula offers, it’s time to book your room at our Missoula Bed and Breakfast today!